XenoBot Forums - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draconian Mystery & More. . .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Draconian Mystery & More. . .

09/19/15 Update: Hello everyone, I've been gone for 2 years dealing with university, girlfriend and taking several classes on saturdays and because of it I havent had time for Tibia.

Well all of the above is gone, now I'm only doing my Masters and I'm as unemployed as it gets so I have lots of time in my hands, which I'd like to share with you guys and this thread that I've missed dearly since I couldnt even begin all the projects I had in mind.

So without further ado I'd like you guys to know I'll be updating this to keep you all posted on my recent findings and for them to be easely recognized by anyone interested in the matter.

RPGing; Inside the mind of an explorer:

So. . . I've never been so much or a Role Player but I have certainly tried, during my years in Tibia I've always wondered if there is more than meets the eye; Tibia-Lore-wise.

What I mean with this is; if any of you have spent at least a couple mins reading books in Tibian libraries you can easely find some pretty solid and structured lore, histories about "the old world" where Orcs, Minos, humans, etc fought each other for supremasy, and how elves played an interesting part in restructuring "the new world", although this stories are written in unappealing ways and little annoying books; CIP has really (and still does) put some real effort in this story-making-&-mantaining, it all cant just be useless crap.

Although it may seem so, I'm not just bored and rambling bullshit, I remember a few years back, on a supported website which is now long gone (or at least I think it is) reading an interview with a guy which was the only role player in Tibia who ever accomplished something, I forgot his name but I remember clearly why he was so famous, he was the only person in Tibia to own a Great Axe back in the old days (2003) which was, to say the least, remarkable, having one of those back then could be compared to owning a Magic Long Sword today, but not only that, he was the only owner of a pair of soft boots like 5 years before PoI was implemented. (Interview here)

People tend to forget how CIP's staff has said that there are still many quests that had not been discovered yet, which are running just fine (not like PoI's old hole which was just unfinished teasing Bullshit).

This Great Axe guy is the proof that ever since tibia was created lore (as bad as it can be) has played its part in quests, although in this days people dont care about anything else than the Rulthless Seven & the Triangle of Terror or any other shit or raid that just falls on their lap and drops loot, there is so much more to this game than killing bosses and praying for raids to get rich overnight.

I was 13 years old when I read this interview, needless to say, I was inspired by it, (as obssesed with Tibia as I was) there was just 1 thing that inspired me more than his tales, and it was that he NEVER gave up his secrets, not to anyone, he came, conquered and took his treasures and secrets to his retirement-grave. There is 1 more thing to this interview, at the very end of it, the interviewer asks him for tips for all the RP'ers out there, after a little inspiring speech he mentions Kazordoon as a good starting point.

All the good forums I've been member of have had their conspiracy theory threads where everyone gives their point of view of secrets like the Serpentine Tower, Draconia, MoLS, etc, and since I know this is a decent community filled with people with the blessing of REASON, I'd love to see what you guys think of all of this, I know there isnt many RPs out there, but hey, we bot, would it kill us to pick up a free acc char and explore the mystic lands of Tibia once more? like when we first started playing this game and it really was an adventure? (all of this while we get some lvls and profit) I think it would be great.
    Last edited by Atheist; 09-20-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every oldschool player knows how CIP has spitted on our face when it comes to quests, teasing us into believing one thing & then changing their minds about it, specially in the forum section. I remember Mirade or some other CM openly stating that not even 50% of current tibian quests had been discovered at the time, and I'm talking about way before PoI was even introduced! BUT! There's also been official states that there has been, and always will be places and quests that are just halfly introduced and are unfinished and some times even forgotten.

This leads us to the paradox of why people have never really RPd. . . CIP tells you that there are dozens of unsolved quests currently in the game, this is quite exciting, ALTHOUGH CIP also states that there COULD also be another couple dozen unfinished, forgotten or simply forsaken'd quests, which is quite frankly, a deal breaker; why would you bother to bust your ass roleplaying if you could be barking to the wrong tree (tryin' to solve an unfinished quest) a perfect example of this is the Serpentine Tower, a mystery that makes every Tibian Roleplayer's head spin, does it have a reason to be? is it finished or is it like old PoI (just to tease players) IS IT EVEN A QUEST?

Taking into consideration CIP's previous states about unfinished quests, reality is; no one cares. No one really takes the time, blood and sweat needed to unsolve this mystery because WE ARE NOT CERTAIN IT EVEN IS SOLVABLE, so with this in mind, RPs spirit eventually breaks, not knowing for certain if what you are doing will lead you somewhere is not fun.

Rumors? There's so many I wouldnt even know where to start, but I certainly know which ones I'd like to be true, and there is this 1 that I've belived my whole Tibian Life; 1 time map reset items.

Take Demon Legs as an example:

1-Time-laying-around-items. With this I mean items you can grab ONCE not once every player but once overall, items that you take from a chest by grabbing them, like Draconia's coffin key or shit that respawns on every server save, just that, this items never do once taken.

Oldschool Demon Legs are the perfect example of this, even tho they did respawn every map reset (which was every major update or every 6 months, cant quite remember) I still believe that items like this are still gettable, people have forgotten of this and stick to chests which just put the shit right in your backpack.

I'm a believer that 1 time only items are still out there;

Who can say for sure that u cant be teleported to MoLS Great Shield somehow?

Who can provide conclusive evidence that this isnt part of some awesome quest that makes a player able to choose a rock, use it & turn it into a chest containing the goods you see?

I'll tell you who; FUCKING NO ONE!
    Last edited by Atheist; 02-21-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CIP; Item Rambling and Mumbling:

I know what u are thinking; "It's just show off" "

"It's like Morguthis boasting room, ungettable-showoff-shit"

"That shit's just there to tease you"

BUT I BELIEVE IN SOMETHING PEOPLE! So just humor me for a sec and listen to my theory.

Ferumbras Tower.

Koshei the Deathless' treasure room.

Darconia's Tower treasure room.

Circle Room Quest's "Fuck-you-I'm-rich" room

Nargor's "I'm-a-pirate-hoe-check-out-my-loot" room

Pythus "I'm-better-than-you" treasure room.

Serpentine Tower's Clue room.

AND OF COURSE:

The always controversial Emperor's treasure room that has been there since for-fucking-ever in a mysterious hall with a bunch of switches that u cant push down.

This are just a few examples of the rare goods out there which we've gotten use to believe are just there to make fun of us, but. . . I DO believe there is a difference. . . lets say; between Pythus or Nargor's trasure room, & the Emperor's treasure room or EVEN the Feru's tower one. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I stand alone in this theory but I feel it in my gut! I seriously believe there is a noticeable difference between unaccesible rooms and ones that MAYBE, SOMEHOW MEETING UNTHINKABLE REQUIEREMENTS you can IN FACT access to.
    Last edited by Atheist; 02-10-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items: DAFUQ DO WE KNOW?

People have Crowns in Tibia.

People have Golden Nuggets in Tibia.

There IS (not 100% certain) proof that there HAS BEEN at least 1 Magic Longsword in Tibia.

Ashmunrah has been around for 9 years and just a few ago we found out he dropped a freaking Holy Scarab, truth is we are blinded by arrogance, and we dont know SHIT 'bout items or drops.

Gifts of the gods? Rewards for reporting bugs? Tokens to guilds for loyalty? Yes, Maybe. . . but those are some very select and particular items, what about the rest of them? Where do they come from?

Quests guys, they come from quests, long-forgotten-unsolvable-by-the-unworthy-quests.

Quests that were once solved by few people that can be counted with 1 hand, smart people, people old enough to solve them, people that (no wonder) left the game many years ago along with their secrets.

But enough of items!

Lets talk about places. . . dark mysterious places in tibia no one ever thinks about anymore. . . places like:

Hellgate's 1 GS cave. Has been there forever, like, since Ab was introduced, that was 12 years ago, you guys really think that is there just for the heck of it?

Did you know this is the only Tibia.com official pic taken in an "unreachable" place? Unreachable? I dont think so.

We all know what the Ankrahmu's blocked tomb might be related to; that's right, Soul Ruby! The grand finale of Helmet of The Ancients, maybe it is related, maybe not. . . maybe Serpentine tower is, who knows, I'll tell you what I know for a fact; I know Ank~ has been there for 9 years, I know all that mysterious shit was implemented with it, I know there has been no real or noticeable graphic change ever since Darama was implemented, now I'll tell you what I THINK: IMHO I think that the probabilities for: The blocked tomb, the dragon lair room, the serpentine tower, etc to be UNFINISHED QUESTS is really low, CIP's had 9 years to finish them and in my 10 years of personal Tibia experience, I think that freaking quest is IN FACT solvable, I think at least 1 of this 3 places is related somehow to something and I THINK soul ruby is and has been obtainable for a while, we just never found out how.

And of course PoI's-after-room (to be analyzed later)

Regarding the Ank~ theory, I go back to the very reason I've created this thread, to the reason I named this thread the way I did. . .

Draconia; The mystery within the mystery:

Good ol' forsaken Draconia, it has always been my home, I've lvl'd countless chars in there, manually, botted, etc, I've gotten a few mini mummys, every time I made a new char I went there, lonely, perfect Draconia.

That's 2003, I can asure you since 2003 I have level'd AT LEAST 1 char there every year since then, I've seen Draconia and Hellgate grow and change, revamps, Vampire Lord/Devil eye implementation, etc.

Why do I tell you this? Here's why:

That's right, a fucking VIAL, not a flask which cant be refilled, A VIAL

10 Years going there regularly, 10 years of running hellgate back and foward up to Draconia, hundreds of hours spent there, both, manually and botting, and the ONLY FUCKING THING that has changed in that whole tower (even the freaking flower is in the same place) is that vial. It is stupid I know, but its implementation is recent, is suspicious and it respawns on every server save, now lemme explain to you why this is important at all.
    Last edited by Atheist; 02-12-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SS Respawn Items; Mercy or Coincidence?

Ab'Dendriel was implemented in 2001, along with hellgate and the ice islands (Folda, Vega, Senja) even tho~ I can just vouch for 10 years out of 12 of Draconia's tower looks, the fact that a freaking VIAL was instructed to spawn aint no fucking coincidence, it's a clue, a clue to SOMETHING, which means that; that tower and entire island and adjacent caves werent created just so u could get an Ice Rapier and a Stone Skin Amulet, there is more to it.

U dont care about Draconia? Ok, fuck it, lets go move on, you guys really think this has been the only clue impemented in game? 12 years guys, if I were part of CIP's quest-creating staff and I've done this great cave full of mysteries known as Hellgate & Draconia along with the map-structure staff, and AFTER 12 FUCKING YEARS no one solved the REAL important quest I'd be frustrated too.

That vial is proof, but not just of a greater quest within the quest, but also a proof that they implement shit with time in order to help us (even if it's on a lame subjective way) find all those quests they have worked hard to think through and no one cares to solve!

There must be more out there, shit spawning on the floor, crates, chests, that we just see as trash but are really clues!

Final Deliriums:

Do you guys really think the whole Jakundaf Desert's cave. . .

. . . one of the oldest seriously big dungeons was for theLONE FREAKING PURPOSE of the 10k quest. . ? . . .

. . . when you have this. . .

. . . and this. . .

. . . and this. . .

. . . and most importanly. . .

THIS! Which is solid proof that CIP modifies/renews/etc their dungeons or however you wanna call it, since the Banshee was added to the game 3 years after that cave was structured.

I use this cave as example cause aside from the Ancient Temple, it is one of the oldest unsolved mysteries in Tibia, plus. . . anything with teleports is interesting, and here; there are plenty, lol.

Atheist.
    Last edited by Atheist; 02-10-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice dude, Glad someone took some time and thought into this. GREAT JOB

REP+

EDIT:Just a second thought. Alot of these "RARE" Items are now in game. So I do believe there is some truth out there.
    Last edited by GTH; 02-10-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: add more comment
    http://www.TibiaElite.us
    Trusted Deals
    @Fuzzy - Several Dealings
    @Atheist - I was middle man in game for him.
    Bought 100RP from @Soul4Soul
    Sold 1 mo Xenobot @Fuzzy
    Bought a 188 RP from @wasoom
    Bougth script pack from @Avani
    Bought Gold from @Andy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATES:

NPCs; Character-istics

(NEW) NPC’s Environmental Perception

Environment and IDs; Factor or Coincidence?

A sweaty cyclops; an example of CIP's (Knightmare's?) genius?

Digressing on Bonelord lenguage (to be fully reviewed)

Interviews

City Series:

(NEW) Kazordoon: The welcoming complexity of Dwarven Culture

Long Term Plan: (as of 09/19/15) The first thing I’m going to do is pick a city (Kazordoon in this case) and review each “key word” contained in the Stolen NPC Data from back on 7.72, in “today’s game” to compare and see if there are any variations to take into acount.

(Note: For practical purposes I'll be using the acronym; NPCSD, to refer to the "NPC Stolen Data" mentioned above)

It also seems that NPCs most of the time have something to say about their collegues so I will add every NPC name (new an old) of that certain city into the list of keywords to see if CIP has updated NPCs regularly justifying new ones in some kind of way.

After I have reviewed every keyword in the stolen data, I will add my own keywords based on what I have learnt from everything every NPCS/BOOKS/STATUES/NOTES in that city have thought me, and I will start the NPC rotation AGAIN using ALL the keywords of ALL the NPCs in EVERY NPC and see if I get a “new” or “unrecorded” reaction to certain new keyword.

Then I will do this in all of the remaining oldschool cities (Venore, Thais, Ab’Dendriel, Carlin and Edron) and once it’s done I will start over back at Kazordoon and I will merge every keyword I’ve gathered throught the whole of “old Tibia” and use them all on EVERY NPC 1 last time.

I have decided to do this because it seems the most "acceptable approach" into discovering new things, other than "go exploring and hoping for the best" (which I will eventually do once I've gathered my notes from the stage mentioned above)

CURRENT STATUS: Comparing "keywords" in the city of Kazordoon.

-------------------------o----------------------------o-------------------------------------o---------------------------------

"Did you know" section:

This is meant to be a free space to be updated with time with a variety of curiosities found in books in-game, or just suspicious shit you guys could tip in to this thread; that might derivate into something, a log book if you will, maybe to eventually connect dots, or just for fun. So check it regularly for updates.

General:
    • Did you know that with every time a city is added; new books appear in old cities linking and justifying its existance?
    • Did you know Bonelords were once called Beholders?

Ingame:
    • Did you know that during the "Old War" it was actually a Minotaur who lead the Orc faction against the very Minotaurs?
    • Did you know that during the "Old War" elves sheltered themselves in a "Dream Realm" where they lived in peace until the war was over?
    • Did you know the Kuridai are a race of agressive elves that inhabit Hellgate?
    • Did you know that an orc shaman can sense the inate abilities of newborns, and his decision determinates how they will live the rest of their lives.
    • Did you know "The War of Welcome" consisted in the dwarves fighting the orcs to claim back their conquered land?
    • Did you know that no one remembers the name of the Hero who helped lock the basilisk; who's evil ways took the lives of countless dwarves?
    • Did you know that the reason Bonelords initiated themselves in summoning was because of their limitations to manipulate physical objects 'cause of their lack of hands?
    • Did you know Bonelords communicate with blinks?
    • Did you know that Bonelords almost conquered the whole of Tibia in the "old days"?
    • Did you know elves can change the physical characteristics of their unborn children?
    • Did you know Dwarfs create their brews out of Mushrooms?
    • Did you know "The war of Welcome" consisted on the Dwarfs retaking all of the south of the "Dwarf Bridge" from the orcs AND freeing their enslaved brothers from the Orc's grasp?
    • Did you know the War of Welcome erupted after a raid of orcs tried to ambush a group of Dwarven Merchants?
    • Did you know the War of Welcome lasted a year and the Dwarven victory served as an example to the Humans who soon after allied with the Dwarfs?
    • Did you know Elves can "sculpture" their unborn children through some kind of "Dream Magic"?
    • Did you know that when Beholders (Bonelords) conquered a land they turned their defeated enemies into Undead slaves who joined their ever growing army?
    • Did you know there is a kind of Elve called "Teshial" who can use the "Dream Magic" to move through an alternate "Dream Realm" and be able to Teleport throughout the Real World?
    • Did you know Ab'Dendriel is mainly inhabited by Deraisim and Cenath?
    • Did you know that Hellgate is considered a "Volcanic Region"?
    • Did you know Dwacatra is a prisonisle where they throw Dwarfs that betrayed their people to ally with other races?
    • Did you know Dwacatra contains 5 different kinds of races? (Trolls, Orcs, Minotaurs, Dwarfs and Cyclopses)
    Last edited by Atheist; 09-26-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is amazing!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be funny if all the secrets would be revealed one day. Everything I've seen and gone through since 2000 (when I started playing) - I still haven't seen one "mystery" being solved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome stuff Atheist